Bhopal5 minutes agoWriter: Sunit Saxena
- copy link
The rising graph of suicide in the city
- 655 people committed suicide in Bhopal, out of which 170 women
- 5 under the age of 14 and 31 children aged 14 to 18 have embraced death
Shocking figures of suicide have come out in the capital Bhopal. In the year 2021, 655 people committed suicide, of which 170 are women. This figure of suicide is 35 percent more than in 2020. In 2020, 485 people, including 146 women, committed suicide. The number of suicides is increasing year by year.
Police investigation revealed that family disputes, depression, illness and financial constraints are the main reasons for suicide. The special thing is that people in the age group of 18 to 45 are committing suicide at a time when they have to settle their life by making their career. Instead of fighting the responsibilities, they are choosing the path of suicide.
This is the reason for suicide
Depression is believed to be the cause of most suicides, directly or indirectly. Due to the two-year corona lockdown, a large number of people went into depression due to loss of employment. Many people were suffering from this depression due to illness, while some people were mentally disturbed due to family dispute.
Main reason for suicide in 2021
5 under the age of 14 and 31 children aged 14 to 18 have embraced death
- Five children below the age of 14 committed suicide, in which one child died due to failure in the examination. The cause could not be clarified in four cases.
- 31 children in the age group of 14-18 years committed suicide, out of which six children took such a step due to family reasons and examinations.
- 263 people in the age group of 18 to 30 committed suicide. Of these, 169 are males and 94 are females. Of these, 22 took this step due to love affair, 33 due to family dispute, 40 due to illness and 24 due to depression.
- 25 men and 4 women in the age group of 30 to 45 committed suicide. Of these, 20 succumbed to depression, while 79 succumbed to the disease.
Seek immediate advice if you notice any change in behavior
It is a biological disease. Suicide is done by those who are going through negativity. Frustrated, sad, lack of interest in work, irritability, if such symptoms are seen, then it is linked to an external cause. There should be awareness about mental problems in the society, so that seeing the change in behavior, take it for counseling at the right time.
-Ruma Bhattacharya, Psychiatrist