Chandigarh36 minutes ago
- copy link
Milk has become expensive in Punjab too. After Amul and Mother Dairy, Verka has increased the price of milk by Rs 2 per litre. The increased rates will be applicable from tomorrow itself. The prices of curd, butter and desi ghee were also increased last month. The company has cited input cost behind this. Earlier in the month of March also, the price of milk was increased by Rs. The effect of the increased rate will be not only in Punjab but also in Chandigarh, Panchkula and Kalka.
These rates will be applicable from tomorrow
- Half a liter of milk will now cost Rs 28.
- The cost of one liter will be Rs 55.
- One and a half liter packet will be available for 80 rupees.
- Double Toned will get half a liter of 23 rupees.
- Full cream milk will cost half a liter of Rs 31 and a liter of Rs 61.
- Cow’s milk packet will now get half a liter for Rs 26.
The new rate list released by Verka…
Verka produces 12 lakh liters of milk
Verka milk is the biggest seller in Punjab. Verka produces around 12 lakh liters of milk daily. Punjab consumes 900 ml of milk per person. In such a situation, due to the cost of milk, it will hit a large section.