colony13 minutes ago
- copy link
The workers of the Bharatiya Kisan Union reached the Collectorate and submitted a 10-point memorandum to the DM in the name of the Prime Minister. The activists demanded that Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Mishra Teni be sacked and sent to jail.
Bhakiyu District Vice President Dr. RP Chaudhary said, “The farmer of the country is upset, the paddy crop has been ruined. But till now Basti Mandal has not even been declared drought-hit. Crores of rupees are left for sugarcane farmers on sugar mills, but Despite agitations and assurances, the situation is not taking its name to improve.
Responding to the Lakhimpur Kheri incident, BKU state secretary Diwanchand Patel said, “If Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Mishra Teni is not sacked and sent to jail after resolving the problems, then the farmers will not sit silent.
Here’s a 10-point demand
- Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Mishra Teni should be sacked.
- In the Lakhimpur Kheri case, the cases registered against innocent farmers in jail should be withdrawn.
- After the Lakhimpur Kheri episode, the promises, agreements made with the farmers’ organizations and the victims’ families should be followed.
- Legal guarantee should be given on MSP.
- Farmers’ loans and electricity bills should be waived.
- During the agitations, the fake cases registered against the farmers were withdrawn.
- The arrears on Munderwa, Rudhauli, Govindnagar, Babhanan sugar mills should be returned along with the cane price. Govindnagar Sugar Mill should be run.
- Basti mandal should be declared dry.
- Availability of water in canals should be ensured.
- Free electricity should be made available for agricultural work by withdrawing the new electricity bill.
Basti Sadar Block President Triveni Choudhary, Deep Narayan Chaudhary, Mahipat Chaudhary, Ram Surat Chaudhary, Bansh Gopal Kisan, Ganiram Choudhary etc. were among those who handed over the memorandum.