Also known as Generation Y, millennials are individualistic when it comes to their style choices and while they are fashion-conscious, they stick to tried and true pieces that make them look and feel their best like the trend of fuss-free outfits, which they can’t let go of. Born through the eighties and nineties, millennials were a generation that witnessed fashion globalizing at an exceedingly fast rate, which allowed them to first-hand experience the growing power of fashion, both globally and emotionally.
The perfect hybrid of the golden years and new-age, in terms of life and style, millennials set out to create fashion trends and they are the highest spenders in style and have significantly helped the fashion industry evolve. While sometimes, they want to fit in with the new-age crowd, they stick to what makes them feel their best when it comes to style and fuss-free outfits are one of them.
There has been a sharp rise in fuss free dressing post pandemic and the trend is here to stay. We recommend easy co-ord sets and kaftan inspired dresses as the easiest way to put together a statement look that’s refined and chic, without spending much effort in dressing up and of course, always in fabrics that are easy to wash and maintain.
In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Designer Riddhi Mehra, called fuss-free outfits “easy, electric and charismatic to the T, outfits that do the talking without creating any noise.” She suggested the following outfit ideas for those who like to opt for a fuss-free approach in fashion:
1. A floaty dress – Floaty dresses set the mood right with their dressy and effortless elements. Deck up for dressier occasions, count on breezy bedazzling silhouettes that are a perfect mix of flirty and elegant aesthetics.
2. The cool kaftans – Add a touch of chic to your vacation wear or weekly rotations with stunning kaftans, that are easy to don and effortless to flaunt.
3. Jazz it up in jumpsuits – Slip into effortless splendour that knows no bounds in jumpsuits designed to turn heads.
4. Co-ord sets – Co-ord sets are ideal to take over in style clad in absolute comfort.
5. The humble kurta – A treat in the monsoon, handcrafted kurtas make a cool contemporary craft in your wardrobe fit for any season.
Designer Payal Chaddha of Gallery 2000 asserted that fuss-free outfits which don’t need much of an effort have a place in every millennial’s heart as whatever be the occasion, one doesn’t like to feel restricted. Some of the easy wears that she listed out for a fuss free dressing are:
1. Co-ord sets – Nothing says like a nice co-ord set. Easy to wear and effortless plus it makes sure your style quotient is intact.
2. Linen shirts with slim fit pants – A pair of good fitting slim pants coupled with linen shirts is one of the ultimate in comfort dressing. This outfit combination makes sure the person is comfortable yet looks stylish at the same time.
3. One piece dresses – One-piece dresses make for the most relaxed outfit, be it any season or occasion. You can team it with any accessory of your choice and you are good to go.
4. Bespoke kurta and slim fit pants – A bespoke kurta with slim fit pants makes for a bookmarking outfit yet so comforting.
5. Pencil skirts and top – Let your fit do the talking. Pair these versatile pencil skirts with a shirt/bodysuit/casual top to keep your look snug yet stylish and relaxed.