Death of 2 people who landed in the sewer: The young man came out to save the person who came out to clean, both could not get out alive

BalachaurOne hour ago

  • copy link

Two persons who landed in the sewer in Balachaur of Nawanshahr, Punjab died due to gas inhalation. The accident occurred near Tehsil Complex. Here on Monday morning, Purushottam (40), a resident of village Khamancho, landed in the sewer for cleaning, but he could not get out due to poisonous gas inside. Purushottam was calling from inside for help. Hearing the sound, Shubham (20) of Maihandipur village passing by got down in the sewer to save him, but he also got gas.

After getting the information, SDM Balachaur Suba Singh, DSP Davinder Singh and police station in-charge Sukhpal Singh reached the spot. He immediately called the fire brigade, JCB and ambulance. After a struggle of about one and a half hours, both were pulled out of the sewer. He was then brought to the Civil Hospital Balachaur, but the doctors declared him brought dead. After the post-mortem of both the bodies, they were handed over to the relatives.

On the other hand, SDO of the Sewerage Board, Ranjit Singh said that the work of cleaning the sewer had been stopped a few days ago from his side. No person was sent from his side to work at this place. The deceased has nothing to do with the department.

There is more news…

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: